The City of Cape Town has reported that the infamous "Day Zero" is approaching and is expected to be the 18th of April 2018. This comes after a report by the Western Cape government that the city's major water reservoirs are sitting at just 27.2% capacity and therefore, leaving fewer than 80 day’s till the water runs out.
Here at The THREE, we are fortunate that we are “drought-proof” as we have a complete water treatment plant being installed to treat our underground water source and supply up to 60,000l per day to our hotel and neighbourhood if the need arises.
On Feb 16th we will be fully up and running and “off grid” so if “Day Zero” (the day the municipality turns off the mains supply) does happen in April as predicted then this will not have any negative effect on our business or our guests.
We do however appreciate that groundwater and spring water is a precious resource, so we will still be sticking to our water saving measures such as those listed below
Tips on saving water:
- Shower Bucket or shower in pairs
- Turn off the tap when soaping during a shower
- Use a glass when brushing your teeth
- Turn off the tap while washing your hands
- If it's yellow, let it mellow, flush the toilet when necessary
- Ensure all taps are closed securely